Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1. To sweat less
2. To have healthier nails
3. To have healthier hair
4. To have better skin
5. To fit in amusement park ride seats
Okay, well so far I haven't experienced any of these perks. But I am SO excited that I will one day! :).
I haven't done a daily weight loss topic in ages! Still, I'm pushing on and making strides to better health! I didn't eat well earlier this week so I'm cutting back now to catch up. I still will lose weight this week, I know it!
Friday, February 6, 2009
On an even better note, I weighed in yesterday. I had made the decision to start weighing in on Fridays because I always eat less well on Fridays and Saturdays, so I want to weigh in before all that badness starts. :). I also decided to start trying to lose 2.5 pounds a week (rather than two) because I have this faint hope that I can lose all of this weight in a year. How great would that be?! This week I did all of my workouts and ate really, really well. I didn't expect to have lost any weight because it had only been five days since I last weighed in, but I felt good.
So I stepped on the scale and it said 265. Yes! I yelped (and woke up Kalem in the process), and danced naked around the bathroom. I have also lost 1.25" off of my body. Yes! 1/60 of the way there (not that I'm thinking of it that way...I'm focused on small goals, so I'm looking toward 260)! I am so excited! Finally I feel like I'm getting somewhere!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
So, today was my scheduled weigh-in. I rolled around in bed, trying to my bladder, because I was nervous about what I would find out. But, I finally had to go too badly and made my way to the restroom. I weighed myself and I weigh...drum roll, please...269 pounds.
What?! I only lost one pound?! In one MONTH?! I am so frustrated and disappointed in myself. I felt like I worked really hard and it doesn't show! I did measure myself but have nothing to compare it to right now because I don't have access to my files.
I am NOT going to let this bring me down, though. I am going to learn from it and move on. Here are the lessons that I'm taking from this devastating month of weight loss:
- If I have make-up workouts to do, I will do them earlier than the day before weigh-in (I worked out for two hours last light. Was there a chance for the effect to ''sink in''?).
- I will weigh in every week. I think that if I can recognize that I am not losing weight on a weekly basis, I can intervene, rather than losing a whole month of weight loss.
- I will taper off my calories rather than just do 1800 for two years. I don't want to plateau.
- I will be more honest with myself about portion sizes.
- I will work out EVERY day, regardless of how tired/cranky/moody/busy I am. Last week, I worked out for over 5 hours. I gave up almost every week night to catch up. Never again.
- I will eat the allowed calorie amount and not go over. Ever.
- This means I have to stop eating out. It's ruining my calorie plan adherence. No more fast food.
Okay, I know that 5 and 6 are really strict, but I think that may be what I need right now. I know that I can do this. I just have to work harder and smarter.
I know that I went through an awful funk and I think that played a large part in my lethargy. I need to remember to use exercise as a stress reliever and mood stabilizer.
Well, I'm off and much more focused now.