"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Sunday, February 1, 2009

Umm...WHAT?!?!

At this rate, I will lose the weight I want to in 10 years. No exaggeration. Ugh.

So, today was my scheduled weigh-in. I rolled around in bed, trying to my bladder, because I was nervous about what I would find out. But, I finally had to go too badly and made my way to the restroom. I weighed myself and I weigh...drum roll, please...269 pounds.

What?! I only lost one pound?! In one MONTH?! I am so frustrated and disappointed in myself. I felt like I worked really hard and it doesn't show! I did measure myself but have nothing to compare it to right now because I don't have access to my files.

I am NOT going to let this bring me down, though. I am going to learn from it and move on. Here are the lessons that I'm taking from this devastating month of weight loss:
  1. If I have make-up workouts to do, I will do them earlier than the day before weigh-in (I worked out for two hours last light. Was there a chance for the effect to ''sink in''?).
  2. I will weigh in every week. I think that if I can recognize that I am not losing weight on a weekly basis, I can intervene, rather than losing a whole month of weight loss.
  3. I will taper off my calories rather than just do 1800 for two years. I don't want to plateau.
  4. I will be more honest with myself about portion sizes.
  5. I will work out EVERY day, regardless of how tired/cranky/moody/busy I am. Last week, I worked out for over 5 hours. I gave up almost every week night to catch up. Never again.
  6. I will eat the allowed calorie amount and not go over. Ever.
  7. This means I have to stop eating out. It's ruining my calorie plan adherence. No more fast food.

Okay, I know that 5 and 6 are really strict, but I think that may be what I need right now. I know that I can do this. I just have to work harder and smarter.

I know that I went through an awful funk and I think that played a large part in my lethargy. I need to remember to use exercise as a stress reliever and mood stabilizer.

Well, I'm off and much more focused now.

No comments: