"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Friday, February 6, 2009

Yay!

I haven't written in forever, but I've been good! I had my first belly dancing class on Wednesday and LOVED it. I felt alive. I really have found another joy for me. I plan on making this a lifelong hobby. My body was crazy sore the next day, but I felt like an absolute goddess. I can't wait for the next class!

On an even better note, I weighed in yesterday. I had made the decision to start weighing in on Fridays because I always eat less well on Fridays and Saturdays, so I want to weigh in before all that badness starts. :). I also decided to start trying to lose 2.5 pounds a week (rather than two) because I have this faint hope that I can lose all of this weight in a year. How great would that be?! This week I did all of my workouts and ate really, really well. I didn't expect to have lost any weight because it had only been five days since I last weighed in, but I felt good.

So I stepped on the scale and it said 265. Yes! I yelped (and woke up Kalem in the process), and danced naked around the bathroom. I have also lost 1.25" off of my body. Yes! 1/60 of the way there (not that I'm thinking of it that way...I'm focused on small goals, so I'm looking toward 260)! I am so excited! Finally I feel like I'm getting somewhere!

No comments: