"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Shoes!

Oh happy day! I bought some new running shoes! It was time--my shoes were something like 5 years old and running in them was agony. They are Asics Gel-Nimbus:

http://www.asicsamerica.com/products/product.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=240009425&TITLE_CATEGORY_ID=250001543

I think these may be the coolest shoes I've ever owned. I love them.

I went for a run in them on Sunday and it wasn't too comfortable, but that's okay--the first runs are not always great when the shoes are being broken in. Even though it wasn't the best run, it was pretty great, because they were so soft and supportive. I'm pumped.

On other health notes, I'm tired of being a bad eater. I can't say that I was healthy when I started college, but I was a better eater. Fast forward 6 years (and 80 pounds!) and I'm a terrible eater. Well, I'm not as bad as I was before I started running, but I could be better. So, I'm going to try to focus on my eating, too. I am going to avoid fast food (because it really is the devil--a calorie-laden, fatty devil) and listening to my body in regard to why and what I'm eating. So, yeah! Hope it goes well!

The first thing that I'm trying to do is cut back on caffeine. I can't do it all at once and this is the right time to stop drinking coffee--it's not cold so I won't be missing out on its warming effect. I was doing pretty well for a while--I took three weeks off, but two weeks ago, I started drinking it again. On Sunday night I couldn't get to sleep until 3:15 AM. I don't know if that's because of the cup of coffee I had that morning, but it really made me recommit to not drinking it anymore (after drinking it yesterday to make it through the day on 3.5 hours of sleep!). After I get this down, I think fast food will be my next project. I think it will be hard because on the weekends when we're doing errands, it's easy to pick something up, especially if Kalem plans to get something himself. So, it's an ongoing process, but I'm excited about it!

1 comment:

Don said...

I too have serious bouts of insomnia and I don't even drink coffee. I think it's mostly because of stress, but I work it out. Sometimes I do.