"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Monday, August 11, 2008

Running Cold

I have only run twice since I last wrote. This may sound okay to some, but I was scheduled to run at least three more times than that. Bah.

Anyhoo, the first run was really good. I finally got out of my 3-mile rut and it was a pretty comfortable run. Yesterday's run, however, was a nightmare. On Saturday, Kalem treated me to a fantastic day at the spa. I had a massage for the first time in my life as well as a mani/pedi. I don't know if it contributed (the masseuse told me to drink a lot of water because I could dehydrate) to it, but by the end of the night, I was feeling pretty tired and out of it. I think it's something of a cold. I got up to run (after 12.5 hours of sleep!) and my head was swimming. My chest was a little congested so I had a lot of trouble breathing deeply. So, instead of six miles, I ran three. Bah!

I think I need a change of perspective. Running hasn't been fun for me lately. It was a joy when I first started, when it was just about running. Now that mileage has become the focus, though, I'm easily frustrated and feel let down. I feel I need to change back to running for running's sake. But, I don't know what that would mean in regard to the marathon. I'm just not sure. Surbhi has been running like a fiend and I am super proud of her! I don't want to let her down. Or myself--I never seem to meet fitness goals.

So...I'm not sure what that means about the upcoming marathon. I have some thinking to do. For now, though, I'm just going to run and focus on how fantastic it makes me feel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the run was so hard, love. I am so proud of you for getting out there and doing it.