"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Shimmy Shakes

Today I started thinking about taking up belly dancing. I did it for a summer when I was in Houston for an internship (I miss you, Steph!) and I LOVED it. I had the intention of getting into when I went back home to Lubbock, but I couldn't afford the classes. Now I can afford it and I'm starting to think it would be freaking great.

I am struggling with my running right now and I think that's why I'm thinking of "cheating" on it. Swimming is another idea that I'm flirting with--I know it's good for you and non-impact, which would be bliss for my crampy calves. I wonder if I would get bored with belly dancing. Would shimmying around ever get boring? I can't imagine it! I think it would be a blast. Plus, I feel sexy doing it. I look sexy doing it. Kalem thinks it's sexy, too. Hmm.

Anyhoo, so I will be looking into classes a little further. So far, the cheapest I've found are $15 classes. I don't know if I want to afford that much a month. I am still thinking on it.

For now, though, I keep remembering how great it made me feel, so in love with my curves. It might be really great for me!

1 comment:

Don said...

I have a blog buddy whose into belly dancing classes, if you're ever interested in discussion with her, feel free to let me know.