"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just Say No

Today's weight loss topic is "Do It Anyway":



  • I didn't want to take the stairs today, but I did it anyway.
  • It felt really good to accomplish something physical, even though I didn't want to!
  • I am committed to taking the stairs, working out, and not eating fast food, even if I do not want to at the moment.

Today's been really good--I haven't overeaten and I'm almost done with my water.

I've been thinking a little more about weighing-in. I'm not sure if I want to do it monthly, because I monitor my calories/water/exercise on a weekly basis. Would that throw things off? On the other hand, I don't weigh myself the week before my period (as the bloat begins!) or the week after it ends (because of residual bloat!). So, I really would only weigh myself twice a month anyway! However, I wonder if I'll find more motivation in knowing just how many more pounds I need to lose to make my month's goal. Hmm. I'm not sure yet.

I am trying to lose 60 pounds this year. This will get me halfway to my goal. To accomplish that, I will have to lose 5 pounds a month. I can do that! It seems so easy when it's put that way!

No comments: