"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Monday, January 12, 2009

Impatient

Last night and today, I haven't been honest with others regarding how much weight I've lost. I want it to be more than it is--something impressive. But, I know that I need to be patient and remember that I didn't gain it overnight and that it will take some time to have big results.

Today's weight loss topic is "Here's What I Want":
1. If you see me eating something that’s not on my diet plan, ask me if I’ve had a bad day and give me a hug.
2. When I’m making progress, such as losing weight, compliment me on how I look but never comment on my progress in front of others.
3. When I’m struggling or gaining weight, tell me you notice and really care about my struggle, hug me and show me extra affection; also, ask me how you can help.
4. When I’m making progress you can’t see (such as improving my self-esteem), ask me how my efforts are going.
5. When I’ve maintained my weight (even though I may still want to lose more), tell me you are proud of my current efforts and compliment me on my looks and my efforts.

No comments: