"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Thursday, January 8, 2009

Temptation

Today I am really aware of how overeating really affects the way I feel physically. This week, my digestion has been pretty good. Today, because I ate fatty fast food, I feel terrible! Awful gas! I think it's important to keep this consequence of overeating in mind as I go through this lifestyle change.

Today's daily topic is "Magic Notebook":
I like the idea of writing down what I am craving instead of eating it, but I'm not sure how it will work for me. I wonder if writing it will just make me want it even more. But, I am willing to try anything!

Almost daily, I crave Qdoba (I don't know if it's because I've been eating so much salt lately) and brownies. I had Qdoba for lunch today. The next time I crave it, I will remind myself that I recently had it and encourage myself to put it off for another week (and another week and another...). The next time I eat it, I will have chips and salsa and half of a brownie. This is not a filling meal and perhaps reminding myself of this will lead me to not eat it after all.

Kalem picked me up for lunch today and we ended up going to Qdoba. I love Kalem with all of my heart, but I know that I am really going to have to work extremely hard to keep him from enabling me and keep myself on track. I overate today (I'm over calories for the week) and will now have to really limit my intake for Saturday and Sunday. This is a valuable lesson to me: I have to be dilligent at all times with every one!

I've spent some time reading Calorie Queens. One of the exercises was to learn how many calories I've been eating to keep up my current weight of 268. As 12 calories are necessary per pound:

270x12= 3240

Holy freaking crap. Over 3,000 calories a day?! Unbelievable. So, given what I want to weigh (150x12=1800), I am eating 1440 calories more than I should be per day. Wow. Holy smokes. It really puts it into perspective.

I can't help but wonder where those calories are coming from. Sugar? Oils? Qdoba? :). I am so glad that I'm making this change now instead of when I'm unhealthy and sick. I am so focused on keeping up with my healthy behaviors now.

No comments: