"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Freaking Love Chalene Johnson

Turbo Jam is GREAT! I have done various Turbo Jam workouts over the last few days (it hurt my arm, but I have to work out!), and I love it. It's so much fun, the music's great, and I get to dance. Who could ask for anything more? What a blast. I can't wait to see what effect the workouts have on my weight this week. Turbo Jam is the best!!!

I have also decided to lower my sodium intake for now. A CDC article recommends that I should eat 1,500 mg. Fortunately, I only meet one of the criteria, but I think it may be a good idea to keep my sodium down because as I age, my risk of high blood pressure will increase due to my ethnicity. Even though my pressure was low on Wednesday!

I have super great news! I got all of my blood work back yesterday and I am healthy. No diabetes, no cholesterol, no thyroid problems. That also means that I cannot have weight loss surgery now because I don't qualify in any way. Yay! I'm thrilled.

Lastly, I have decided to try a new vegetable every time we go grocery shopping. I'm hoping this will keep me interested in eating healthy foods. This time I bought a plantain. I've had them before and loved them, but had never prepared one myself. I fried the plantain and ate it with saffron rice. Delicious! The whole meal was 10 mg of sodium. Definitely a hit! I will be eating these much more often. I think my next will be a rutabaga because they look so interesting!

No comments: