"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Something to Look Forward To

Today's daily topic is "Magic Notebook":

I like the idea of writing down what I am craving instead of eating it, but I'm not sure how it will work for me. I wonder if writing it will just make me want it even more. But, I am willing to try anything!

I haven't had an Oreo since my birthday, I think. Even though I haven't, I think about them often. Since I've lasted so long without them, I think I'll write about something else. I have eaten chocolate fudge brownie Ben and Jerry's about every other weekend. I feel that I really need to stop doing this because in no way does it help with my weight loss goals! So, the next time I crave it, I will remind myself that a pint has 1,000 calories and tons of fat! I will remind myself that I can eat frozen yogurt or whipped cream or another better alternative. The next time I crave it, I will remind myself that I recently had it and encourage myself to put it off for another week (and another week and another...). The next time I eat it, I will eat a serving at a time.

Today has been a mess. I've been really stressed out about work and not eating well. I have really got to work on my coping skills! Still, I'm proud of myself for not going too far overboard. I did eat at Wendy's (bad Chavonne, bad!), but other than that, I can recover from this. Yesterday, I went over by about 100 mg, too. I'm going to pick up an extra workout or two and I should be fine. I went against my own "rule" and weighed myself and I haven't gained, so I feel good. Hopefully I can lose at least a pound this week.

No comments: