"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Temporary Misstep

Oh Lord, I haven't health-blogged in forever! I've not been my best, but I did lose one pound last week! Well, I like to say that I stole it--I weighed 262 when I stepped on the scale that morning and refused to eat until it said 261. I just couldn't plateau another week. It took about two hours. I had to have lost something, I felt so desperate! I'm feeling really unmotivated. I know that real, lasting weight loss should be slow and steady, but gah! I hear that heavier people lose quickly at the beginning, but not so with me. If I'm losing at this rate now, what will happen when I'm at 200?! Oy.

I felt really disappointed with my Turbo Jam experience. I mean, I felt like I worked my patoot off. Ugh. However, I did lose some inches, at least. Most of it was in my bust, though! Nooooo! Actually, I'm glad to lose anywhere. I'm so frustrated. I could feel that I hadn't lost any inches in my hips and thighs before I even got out the tape measure.

As of Monday, I have come to the painful conclusion that I cannot take "off" days. By the time my body is back in the swing of being "good", it's the weekend. I have to be "good" all of the time. Oh, how that saddens me. I haven't had an Oreo in ages. But, it's so very worth it.

Yesterday, I stopped in at the Shop 'n' Save on the way to my internship because I was craving a snack. I bought some cantaloupe cubes and a banana, go me! Then I decided to just check and see what Mrs. Dash stuff they had. I found four marinades and three shakes I'd never seen before! I was so excited! Even though I grumble, this really is my new lifestyle. I might as well embrace it and enjoy the benefits.

I think that I haven't been doing my best because I haven't been writing enough. Like I said before, I often compare my journey to recovery: I can see how relapse works in my life. I have a lot of weight loss readings from Linda Spangle that I plan to write on. I'm going to try to write on one every time I feel the urge to go crazy with my eating. I really hope that helps.

I don't expect to lose any weight this week, but I hope that I can see 261 "for real" this time.

No comments: