"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Saturday, June 6, 2009

Really, Really Committed

Today's weight loss topic is "Interested or Committed?":

  • I am committed to losing my weight-loss plan no matter what!
  • I will stick to my program no matter what by taking it one day at a time, focusing of smaller weight-loss goals instead of the overall one, and believing in myself.
  • To show that I am truly committed, I went walking, didn't redeem my Ben and Jerry's coupon(s), and did reading on weight loss!

In relation to focusing only on small goals, I am prepared to focus on only 5 pounds at a time. So here's to weighing 260!

I've been thinking further about what my next "big" weight loss goal will be (other than the ultimate one, of course). My first goal was to not qualify for weight-loss surgery. To do so, I had to have a BMI lower than 40. There is still another possible way to get the surgery, though: if one has a weight-related illness, they can still qualify for a BMI of 35 or higher. As far as I know, I don't have any. But what if I have something and don't know? So my next big goal is to get down to a BMI of less than 35. I'm looking forward to 229!

I've been reading "Half-Assed: A Weight Loss Memoir" and am really enjoying it. It has me really looking forward to all of the future rewards of being smaller. I know that I still have a long way to go and I need to remember to take it one day at a time, though. Thinking too far ahead is what has gotten me in trouble in the past. So, I'm going to keep taking it slow and not getting too down on myself.

I had a really good day. I ate some Frito Pie that was great but I know was way too salty. Fortunately, I didn't have too much and was able to stop myself. Also, I took a walk in Frick Park and Kalem joined me! It was really nice. I hope that we keep this up and become a healthier couple together.

No comments: