"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Taking Back My Height

Yesterday, at my internship, I compared myself to Melissa, who is 5'8.5". I was clearly taller than her. So, I'm taking back my height. I'm 5'9" again! That nurse was wrong!

I'm glad to be 5'9" again. I like this height. It's what I wanted when I was younger (and I got there), so I'm not giving it up so easily.

With that said, I know that my goal milestones are going to change. So, here they are:
  • Not qualify for weight-loss surgery at lowest no-illness BMI (262 pounds) CHECK!
  • Lose first ten pounds (260 pounds)
  • Round down to 200 pounds (249 pounds)
  • Meet one-quarter mark (240 pounds)
  • Not qualify for weight loss surgery at all (236 pounds)
  • Meet halfway mark (210 pounds)
  • Be in the one hundreds (199 pounds)
  • Have an "overweight" BMI (202 pounds)
  • Meet three-quarters mark (180 pounds)
  • Fit a pair of size 12 jeans (not sure where this will happen, but when I started college, I work a 14 or 16 and weighed about 185 pounds)
  • Have a "normal" BMI (168 pounds)
  • Meet final goal (150 pounds)

I also have changed my BMI for my weekly measurements. Right now, I weigh 262 pounds and my BMI is 38.7 . I'm still excited that I don't qualify for illness-free lap band surgery, even if I accomplished it much sooner than I thought (I actually didn't to begin with!). Now, the next lap band surgery is closer. Yay!

Today's weight loss topic is "Here's What I Want":

1. If you see me eating something that’s not on my diet plan, ask me if I’ve had a bad day and give me a hug.

2. When I’m making progress, such as losing weight, compliment me on how I look but never comment on my progress in front of others.

3. When I’m struggling or gaining weight, tell me you notice and really care about my struggle, hug me and show me extra affection, and ask me how you can help.

4. When I’m making progress you can’t see (such as improving my self-esteem), ask me how my efforts are going and give me non-food gifts and rewards.

5. When I’ve maintained my weight (even though I may still want to lose more), tell me you are proud of my current efforts and compliment me on my looks and my efforts.

These are my answers given for the quiz of the day.

Today, my skirt's too big. Huzzah!

No comments: