"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Friday, July 10, 2009

Can You Feel A Brand New Day?

All right! So, yesterday, I had something of a breakdown. Not really--I cried for about 30 seconds about how hard this is and then made a resolution to keep going. Like I've said before, my eating before was not a way to live, but a way to die. I've got to keep going.

The good news is that, in spite of my crazy eating, I didn't gain any weight! So, I'm at my favorite 262 again. The bad news is that I gained 1.25 inches. Geez. I'm definitely a fluffier 262, I can feel it. That's okay, I'm recommitted! Here's what's changing now:

  • No off days allowed (except for holidays and super-special occassions. No more than two a month)
  • I plan to be more proactive in planning my meals and deciding what to eat beforehand when I eat out
  • Writing daily on weight loss to keep my goal in mind
  • More cooking, less eating out
  • More weight lifting (gag)

Hopefully, this gets me back on track. When I say weight lifting, I mean like once a week. I know I should do two or three, but baby steps.

The USDA recommends that one eats less than 2,300 mg of sodium a day. Since this is my first time eating at that level without ever going over, I'll start there. I really hope to get out of this rut!

The weight loss topic for today is "Oops, I Forgot to Eat":

I plan to eat at 8AM, 11AM, 1PM, 4PM, 6PM, 8PM, 10PM

I did okay with meeting these goals. I think I actually ate more often than this, but I was never overly hungry, at least!

Tonight we went to P.F. Chang's for dinner. I was really prepared and had my dish picked out already! The food was delicious and we had great company (Sadie and Dustin). However, when we came home, I checked what I ate and realized that there were six servings in what I ate! Dang it! Still, I stayed under, thank goodness!

No comments: