"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Friday, July 3, 2009

A Smaller 262

Oh my goodness! Today was another weigh-in. I knew I hadn't lost a pound--after my chicken drumstick incident, I ate like a pig last night. I mean, with complete abandon. Anything I could get my hands on, I ate it. And why?! I knew that I was going to be disappointed by today's weigh in, so why not? I resolved to have a crazy eating day and go back to my healthy ways today.

Anyhoo, I stepped on the scale and I weigh 262. What a surprise! If I'm going to gain weight, I'm not surprised I'm back at my "plateau weight".

BUT this is a much different 262 than when I first hit this weight. Since 6/5, I've lost 3.5 additional inches off of my body! Woohoo! I felt frustrated at first, that my weight still hasn't decreased, but I can tell how much my body's toned. So, I'm going to keep on keeping on and hopefully the scale reacts soon.

Today I bought a food scale. Hot dog, I'm a real dieter now! :). I just have to say, it's quite possibly the coolest weight loss tool I've bought so far! Today I made a chicken stir fry and used the scale to weigh the chicken and veggies. Oh, what fun! It was the best. I love making sure I eat all the right portions. I can't believe I'm so excited to weigh my food!

Like I said before, I made a chicken stir fry for dinner. I used the Mrs. Dash Spicy Teriyaki marinade. It was...okay. So far, I've tried both this marinade and the Zesty Garlic Herb one and I haven't been impressed with either. Still, I'm going to keep trying to like them and the other two I bought because they have NO sodium. I will probably learn to LOVE them. :). I adore all of the Mrs. Dash shakers, so I'm hoping that I come around with the marinades, soon.

I also got a new Leslie Sansone video from the library: 4 Fast Miles. It definitely got me moving, but it is not my favorite walking workout. I'm a huge fan of Leslie Sansone's workouts, but I'm sure I will not be buying them. The cuing is off and half of the walkers are going in one direction while the others are going in another. It drove me crazy! Also, some of the music is recycled from another workout. No thanks. Still, I appreciate the fact that there is a new move ("boosted walking", or jogging) that will definitely get one's heart pumping harder than normal. So, the search for the best one-hour walking workout. So far, it's still the Super Challenge. I still have a few more to try before I decide. Still, I'm going to do this video for all of my workouts for the week just to do something different.

I'm down to 2300 mg of sodium now. So far, I've had about 1700. I'm pretty full, too. I feel really good today.

The new vegetable of the pay period is rutabaga! I bought one of those funny-looking waxy things today and I'm so intruigued by it. I can't wait to learn how to cook it and add it to my healthy eating lifestyle.

And, lastly, today's weight loss topic is "Two Purposes of Food":
  • Bagel and margarine: 10:30 AM--fuel
  • 1/2 bag Peanut M&Ms: 1:00 PM
  • One cantaloupe: 3:00 PM
  • 10 Hint of Salt Ritz and 1 tbsp. of peanut butter: 6:00 PM
  • 1/2 bag of Smart Pop Popcorn: 7:30 PM
  • Chicken Stir-Fry (Mrs. Dash recipe): 9:00 PM
  • 1/2 bag Peanut M&Ms: 10:30 PM

Having regular "fuel stops" really does make me feel more energized! I feel like I've been eating nonstop, but I've never felt full or overly hungry. I can plan my stops by creating a menu each day when I wake.

I'm thinking of registering my blog on BlogHer. I would love to have some support from other readers and offer my own to them.

Wow, what a long entry! I'll do my book review tomorrow. :)

No comments: