"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Friday, July 24, 2009

Re-Motivated

As you know from my last entry, I had a crazy time on Friday night that involved lots of Mexican food and ice cream. I was upset with myself, but told myself not to let it get to me and to keep pushing forward. I was really proud of myself for staying resolved.

Yesterday, I did well for most of the day. I worked out and ate well. However, we had company last night and had a really fun game night...that included pizza, cookies, and Cheetos. I didn't eat a crazy amount of food, but definitely more than I should have. All in all, it was a really fun night with really great company.

Sigh...well, I weighed in this morning and gained two pounds. Back to my favorite 262! But I did lose .75 more inches off of my body! I'm not even that frustrated by my weigh-in, since I did overeat the last two days before my weigh-in.

Now, I'm even more motivated to get back on track! I'm trying something new--working out daily (rather than doing all of my hours mostly on the weekend because of my busy schedule) and lowering the amount of sodium I consume (to 1500 mg rather than 2300). Also, I purchased the Beck Diet Solution Workbook and started it today. I have a lot of faith in Cognitive Therapy (as well as CBT), so I really have hope that this will work for me. It's full of list-making, so I'm really pleased about that, too.

So, I don't have awesome news, but I'm not sweating it. I have learned valuable lessons--don't eat out without first checking the nutrition facts and make sure to have healthy snacks available in social situations. I'm ready for a new week and a new opportunity to improve my health.

On another great note, yesterday DH told me he thought we should start working out together. I told him it was a great idea(!). I'm not going to push it and just wait and see if he mentions it again. I'm a bit miffed with him (not really, but I was for a minute this morning!) because he weighed himself and had lost six pounds with no effort whatsoever. Ugh. Boys stink. :). Just kidding--I'm only jealous!

running

3 comments:

Naomi L said...

What a great post on perspective. It's so good that you're able to pick yourself up from your setbacks and get back on track with minimal self-recriminations.

And it's a good sign that you're losing inches, even if the scale doesn't say much is changing. Your body proves otherwise, and the lessons you're learning now will only help you through the rest of this journey.

So glad your DH is getting on board with you!

Michelle said...

Mexican food and ice cream is always a crazy time!

SL said...

Hey -- I have the Beck Diet Solution and haven't even cracked the cover. Thanks for the reminder. I'm pulling it out tonight too! And I know exactly what you mean about fun times which usually come with terrific food but which in turn cause problems at the scale. Darn it anyway (out of respect for your family ... I could have used a word stronger than darn). :)