"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Saturday, July 4, 2009

Writing for Weight Loss

I said that I would do more weight-loss writing, so here I am! I have quite a few of these saved up, so I plan to write at least once a week on one of them.

The topic of Linda Spangle's weekly newsletter is "Shrink Your Goals". I found this really helpful. So many times I've read and heard about how important it is to take weight loss one step at a time. I know that if I keep my ultimate goal of 150 in mind, I'll get overwhelmed and never get there! That's why I created a list of milestones a while ago as things to look forward to. To make this overall goal even less daunting, I will add 10-pound goals as well:
  • Not qualify for weight-loss surgery at lowest no-illness BMI (262 pounds) CHECK! (6/5/2009)
  • Lose first ten pounds (260 pounds)
  • Lose twenty pounds (250 pounds)
  • Round down to 200 pounds (249 pounds)
  • Meet one-quarter mark (240 pounds)
  • Not qualify for weight loss surgery at all (236 pounds)
  • Lose forty pounds (230 pounds)
  • Lose fifty pounds (220 pounds)
  • Meet halfway mark (210 pounds)
  • Have an "overweight" BMI (202 pounds)
  • Lose seventy pounds (200 pounds)
  • Be in the one hundreds (199 pounds)
  • Lose eighty pounds (190 pounds)
  • Meet three-quarters mark (180 pounds)
  • Fit a pair of size 12 jeans (not sure where this will happen, but when I started college, I work a 14 or 16 and weighed about 185 pounds)Lose one hundred pounds (170 pounds)
  • Have a "normal" BMI (168 pounds)
  • Lose one hundred and ten pounds (160 pounds)
  • Meet final goal (150 pounds)

It bothers me that it's 19 and not an even number, but I think I'll be okay. :). I think that these are great things to look forward to. There are no more than ten pounds between each one, so I'll be able to have something to look forward to in the near future. So, the next goal is 260. Only two pounds to go! Whoop! I'm going to do my best to focus on the next two and nothing more. I know I can do it!

No comments: