"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Monday, July 13, 2009

Whoop!

I have two whoops today that took place yesterday (I meant to write yesterday, but well...life got in the way. But I did write the whole thing in my head last night!).

I decided to change my weekly weigh-in to Sundays. The reason that I had first decided to do Fridays (100 years ago) was because I knew I'd "mess up" over the weekends. Well, now that I'm no longer having "free days", I've decided to go back to Sundays when I have time to leisurely weigh myself without having to go to work shortly after. So, I weighed myself yesterday even though it had only been 3 days and I lost a pound and .75 inches. WHOOP (#1)! I have broken the 262 for real this time (and not like when I stole it a few weeks ago). I really hope I don't see 262 ever again.

I went out with the girls yesterday to celebrate Jen's birthday. We went to D's, which has fantastic hot dogs. Before I went, though, I found out just what I could eat without going over. I ordered a beef burger (a first in forever--I love veggie and turkey burgers more) and when it was brought to me wrong (with ketchup--I love it but can only eat a special kind now), I sent it back. I was so proud of myself! (WHOOP #2) Normally I would have gobbled it down even though I knew I shouldn't. I didn't eat the chips that came with it and only a few onion rings. I only drank water. My friends were great about it, too, so supportive. I love them!

I came home and oh-so-slowly ate some dark chocolate (only 66 mg!). It was divine.

I'm proud of my weight loss and daily (almost) exercise. I feel that I have so much support and tools and it's really going to happen this time.

The weight loss topic for today is "First Two Bites":
For this exercise, I chose peanut butter pretzels. Oh, how I love them! But the sodium is pretty insane. I ate two and then stopped. And I was okay! Actually, they sat on my desk for about an hour and I didn't even crave them. I just wanted to write this. They were delicious, but I don't need any more. Go figure!

I will make sure to pay attention to the first two bites and enjoy the flavors of what I am putting in my mouth.

No comments: