"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Feels So Good

Shauna the Dietgirl commented on my blog! She commented on my review of her book and said "Wow, thank you reading the book Chavonne! Glad you enjoyed it :)". Rad!

Today has gone so much better than I thought! Since I last blogged, I worked out for an hour doing the Walk Strong DVD. It's okay. I'll do it for the week, but I'm not sure about it. As always, the music doesn't flow and that always gets me! I'll do a fuller review later.

I've eaten low-sodium popcorn since I last wrote and am pretty full. Whoop! I might have some whipped cream before bed, but I'll be sure to stay under, fortunately.

I joined 3 Fat Chicks this afternoon. I'm excited for the chance to get some support. I plan to post mainly in the "20-somethings" and "100 pound" rooms. I feel great!

Today after my shower I was checking myself out in the mirror (because, well, I do that. Ha!) and found myself wondering how I didn't know I was getting so big. Maybe I did and ignored it. I don't know. But I do know that this is my new life: taking care of myself by working my body and feeding it healthy foods.

Last night during my chat with Mama, she suggested that I may want to look into a weekly "cleansing" like the pills you can take for a week just to clean yourself out. Maybe it would help with the salt cravings that are driving me crazy right now. I'm going to look into it.

2 comments:

Fatina George said...

I love your blog and I love how on your other one you talk about being a "real grown-up."

I feel the same way. I was getting my haircut and I said something about almost being a grown-up and then I realized, technically, I am a grown-up.

Also, I just joined 3Fat Chicks this past week. It was part of my search for other big girl blogs.

I'll be foll0wing along!

Chavonne said...

Isn't that funny sometimes? Sometimes I expect my dad to tell me it's time to stop playing dress up. :). But the bills keep coming!