"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Monday, July 6, 2009

Care Package!

My care package arrived tonight! Mama had told me she was sending a low-sodium care package and I was so excited! It is so great! Here's what she sent:
  • Santitas tortilla chips: the best chips in the universe! (1 bag)
  • Stauffer's Chocolate Animal Crackers ("black cookies"): lower-sodium cookies from heaven! These are so much better for me than Oreos and are really delicious! (4 whole bags!)
  • Extra-Spicy Mrs. Dash: 1/4 bottle (left over from their kitchen--typical Mama :))
  • Cavendar's Salt-Free Greek seasoning: I'm so intrigued! (some in a baggie)
  • Sodium-free baking powder: I can't wait to make pound cake this weekend! (some in a baggie)
  • Vaseline "men's" lotion for Kalem: it wouldn't be a care package from my mom if there weren't one random thing. She is so great!
  • "4 Really Big Miles" Leslie Sansone DVD: Yup, the one I recently said I didn't life! I'll love it now because of the love it was sent with!
  • Unsalted Snyder's pretzels: oh, how I missed pretzels! (2 bags)
  • Low-sodium chicken noodle soup (1 can)
  • Low-sodium cream of mushroom soup: I haven't cooked with cream of mushroom soup since I started this lifestyle. I can't wait! (1 can)
  • Sodium-free chicken bouillon
  • Sodium-free beef bouillon
  • A WONDERFUL card of support for my weight loss. It made my month! It's on our fridge now.

I am so touched. This is just what I needed to keep on with this diet. I really needed a change of pace. I am ready to keep going and get healthy. My parents are the best and I'm so grateful for their support!

No comments: