"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Monday, July 20, 2009

Third Milestone Down!

I don't really like blogging on the weekends, because I like to spend that time off of the Internet and with my darling hubby. I blog a lot during the week because my job and internship afford me the time to. Even though I didn't blog this weekend, I had a great one weight-wise, because I reached my third milestone! I now weigh 260 pounds! Woohoo! I feel great! I am three milestones down with seventeen to go:

  • Begin weight loss journey (270 pounds)--4/27/2009
  • Not qualify for weight-loss surgery at lowest no-illness BMI (262 pounds)--6/5/2009
  • Lose first ten pounds (260 pounds)--7/19/2009
  • Lose twenty pounds (250 pounds)
  • Round down to 200 pounds (249 pounds)
  • Meet one-quarter mark (240 pounds)
  • Not qualify for weight loss surgery at all (236 pounds)
  • Lose forty pounds (230 pounds)
  • Lose fifty pounds (220 pounds)
  • Meet halfway mark (210 pounds)
  • Have an "overweight" BMI (202 pounds)
  • Lose seventy pounds (200 pounds)
  • Be in the one hundreds (199 pounds)
  • Lose eighty pounds (190 pounds)
  • Meet three-quarters mark (180 pounds)
  • Fit a pair of size 12 jeans (not sure where this will happen, but when I started college, I work a 14 or 16 and weighed about 185 pounds)Lose one hundred pounds (170 pounds
  • Have a "normal" BMI (168 pounds)
  • Lose one hundred and ten pounds (160 pounds)
  • Meet final goal (150 pounds)

I feel so great!

I had a really great weekend. We didn't do much, which was great. Other than working out and grocery shopping, I read and watched movies. It was lovely. I bought couscous for the first time, so I'm excited to try that soon, too.

I bought a new scale this weekend. I find it really funny that I was so excited about something I swear at on an almost-weekly basis. It's super-fancy, though--it measures body fat, body hydration, BMI, and bone mass. I really was most interested in the body fat. I have 50% body fat. I find that incredibly crazy. I have a lot of working out and muscle-building to do!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on reaching that first 10 pound loss! So exciting! I love trying new grains - this weekend I went to a great place for brunch and had bulgur stuffed avocado. I never would've thought I'd like bulgur but it was gooood.

My favorite way to have couscous is with garbanzo beans, parmesan cheese and veggies.