"And I realized...this wasn't a way to live. This was a way to die." (28 Days)


Monday, July 27, 2009

Back In the Game!

Well, after a binge and crappy weigh-in, I'm back to being "good". I hate thinking of it that way, because it's not like I committed some huge atrocity or anything. I mean, I ate Mexican food (plus more)! Nevertheless, I'm back to eating healthy foods that make me feel good emotionally and physically.

Yesterday and today I did a Leslie Sansone walking DVD rather than Turbo Jam because my left leg's been bothering me since I did the Turbo Jam Lower Body workout. I wasn't willing to give up a day of working out and walking has been gentler and kinder to my body. I hope that I can get back to it soon, but I'm not going to try to push it. In addition, I started the Beck Diet Solution workout yesterday and I already really like it. I'm excited to have a better grasp on what leads me to overeat and what I can do to get healthy.

Today I mentioned to a friend that I had gained weight and she was really supportive. This is definitely one of my girlfriends that I (used to) put away more food than I meant to every time we're together. She mentioned that I may mess up, but I won't "stay" messed up because I know how much I want to be thin. I've been thinking about that all day. I don't feel that I'm really doing all of this to be thin. But, it's definitely a big part of this. I mean, of course I want to be healthy. I don't want to end up like my father. I will not. Still, I have to be honest and say that I want to be thin. Screw it, I'll say it again!

I WANT TO BE THIN!

I want to wear cute clothes, see my toes, be fabulously hot. I want to be proud of my body. I wonder if that will be my main motivation when I get frustrated and that once I get there I'll realize how important my improving health is to me as well. Or will it be the opposite?

Regardless of what keeps me going, I'm going!

I am having some confusion, though, as to whether I'm doing the right thing with my plan. Should I eat at the sodium level I plan to end up at (1500 mg) or should I taper down? I am doing okay with 1500 mg but am worried about the fact that I will plateau again. What do I do then? I know that I can increase my exercise but I want to be able to do something food-wise, too. I mean, I have a lot of weight to lose. What is everyone else doing?

I also want to thank everyone for all of their support. This has helped me stay focused and I know I'll make my goal one day!

3 comments:

sharongracepjs said...

Walking is awesome. I love it. How does the DVD work? I usually put an audio book on my iPod and set off down the block.

"Regardless of what keeps me going, I'm going!" -love it! That's the right spirit. We all want to be thin, we all know it's important to be healthy, and the more reasons we have to keep us being "good," the better we'll do.

YAY YOU!

Naomi L said...

Chavonne, I suggest that you poke around www.JayRobb.com. Full disclosure: Jay is my boss, but I have used his programs with a lot of success. The Fruit Flush that I mention on my blog is one of his programs. For you, I'd suggest the Fat Burning Diet Made Easy (if you prefer to eat 3 meals a day) or the 6-Pack Diet (if you prefer to skip a meal).

I personally have experienced a lot of success doing a modified version of the Fruit Flush, which is really just a marriage of The Fruit Flush and the Fruit Diet, but those are a bit more extreme programs (all you eat is fruit, veggies, and lean meat every two hours).

I hope that helps!

Chavonne said...

Sharon, I do the DVDs on day that I decide to walk and can't do so outside. I LOVE walking outside! But lately it's been so crazy humid I can't take it. I love the heat, but can't take the humidity! Also, it gets really cold here in western PA so it's really helpful then.

Naomi, thanks for the advice!